Sunday, July 19, 2009

This is the wedding cake my sister roped me into doing for her friend.lol. My sister loves a challenge, by the way she is my twin, so since she always does her girls birthday cakes, all deck out, she thought...yeah...why not! She has never done a wedding cake....crazy...but never say die. And as you can see it turned out great and they loved it. So much so we couldn't get it served fast enough. The bottom was white with a raspberry custard I made. The middle was chocolate with mocha cream filling..yum. The top was just banana nothing special. But needless to say it was not easy. We had to rebake two of the cakes and then at 9pm after we had gotten them all together and crumb frosted (1st thin layer of frosting to keep crumbs in) a peice of the back on the white cake started to fall off. So after some panicing we kicked it into gear, because there was no way we were starting over, and came up with a genius idea.......tullin....We wrapped the cakes in tullin. God is good! It looked great and tasted great. Nice to see I'm still up for the challenge. What's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment